Let me start with mine. I interviewed for a middle school English and reading job three weeks ago. This job is where I live, so I would drive 16 miles a day instead of 110. I don't feel good about the interview, I think I am too liberal for the district. Actually I know I am. I push the limits of what is acceptable and not. I have shown RENT for four years for goodness sake, and if you have seen it you know why it could get me into trouble. Yes, I cover my ass with permission slips, but still. I also show Schindler's List to my German 2. I always forget the naughty scene, and fast forward just makes it speed up...oops. Did I mention that I am not too fond of middle school kids? They are icky. I love high school. Anyway, I am pretty sure I didn't get it. So I called my admin yesterday to tell him I am not coming back the rest of this year, but plan on me next. He asked if I got the job. Then he told me everything that she said, and she was concerned about me describing my classroom as organized chaos. He told me he didn't think it was, because we were always learning. Even if we were totally off task, which happens alot, we were learning. He did say she was pretty wishy washy when she talked to him, and he was not impressed. I had that feeling too. But to hear him say that is a big thing. So we talked about next year and we are getting rid of speech, no one signed up, most likely someone else is going to teach Drama (YAY!!!) and we need to discuss getting rid of German (YAY) and I would be teaching English. Which is what I have been asking for. Right now he has me teaching 2 German classes, and 4 English. Oh and the English is most likely going to be Juniors. Which means American Lit. Right on. I love this. My mind is already turning...Anyway, that makes my decision hard. I love my job and I love my kids there. But I drive 2 hours a day. They pay well and pay all of our insurance for the whole family. And then the plot thickens. On Tuesday I applied for a job at the CC teaching English. Comp mostly, which is great, but I am not a real big comp person, I am a lit person by nature. I like to write, well I love it, but I have never taught it. Oh and I have a interview in Oakley for HS English. I have lots of thinking to do.
The other tail spin at our house involves both of us. Derrick bit the bullet after hem hawing around for a fricking week and bought the two Peterbuilts from Sam. Sam paid $75,000 for each and we are paying him $100,000 for both. Fuck yeah. So we now own two 2003 flat top Pete's. Beautiful trucks. I know I am a loser. On one we put a Dry van that Derrick rented yesterday. The other we are talking about putting our hopper bottom on, our step deck, and buying a new spread hopper for the freightliner. Well that was the plan, more to come. Derrick is going to drive the White one all summer and by the end of the summer it should be paid for. I asked him, joking, if I could quit my job and work for him full time, and he said it was coming to that. What??? I was kidding. So in the decision to go back, he wants me home to dispatch him and the other drivers. Fantastic. So I am now, mommy, housekeeper, paperwork and books bitch, dispatch, oh and finishing my master's. I have more hats than a damn clown. I did tell him if this is what we were going to do, I wanted Liz (my youngest SIL) here all summer. She has been begging her parents, and I got the yes last night. She is going to work part time in the nursing home in Hoxie and help me. Oh and be my personal chef. So yesterday the plan was for me to run the business and him to drive. I would have three drivers, and shit going all over. Then this morning, I had just given the kids a bath and the guy that drives the freightshaker called and it blew up. Oil was running outta the engine. Turns out it was just the turbo, so like a grand to fix it. We were late to pictures, had fussy kids, but got some good ones. I still haven't heard from the place I interviewed. Three weeks, it is pissing me off.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
glad all is going well!!! and you have options!!! hopet he job thing works out for the one you want to do... Thats great that you will have help this summer!! the kids are just adorable!!! cant wait to see those pics you all took!! miss chating with ya! :(
Post a Comment