Last I left I was still pregnant and still in Kansas. I went home while Derrick was in Vegas and had to see the Peri...and my sorry ass got landed in the hospital for four days. My cervix was super short, under a cm and I was contracting more than I thought. So needless to say I spent four days in the hospital under a close watch and we messed with my meds. My body hate terb. It makes me crazy. Upon release I had to stay in Colorado with my mom and be on much stricter bedrest. I became great friends with the couch at my mom's house. Derrick came out on the weekends and on Valentines. I saw the OB the Monday after V-day and he thought a week to 10 days. Well...needless to say that is what our plan was, not theirs. Thursday night the 21st, my water broke. It was the strangest feeling...I thought I peed my pants since I had sneezed at the same time, but when I stood up stuff came out. It was gross. It kept coming so I called and headed to Denver. I called Derrick since of course he was in Kansas. He was playing cards and he had Grandpa drive him out. It was a bad night for him before I called, and he freaked out when I called. I got to the hospital at about 11 or so, after Dad went the wrong way down a one way...and they got me all in there and sure as shit my water had broken and actually both bags were broken. By that time I was not comfy but hung in there until 3 am when I got my epidural...seriously that is the way to go. It is what I was most afraid of and it was fairly easy. They thought I was complete at 3:45 and no hubby. He got there at 4:30ish and they had me start pushing at 6...which in retrospect we shouldn't have. I pushed for 2 and a half hours and nothing. So we decided to help me out with some foreceps... In the OR the OB discovered that I wasn't really complete, stupid nurse, and he had to make me complete...ouch. Yes even with an epidural that sucked. Macie Joleen was born at 9:01. She had the cord around her neck twice and her daddy almost passed out on me. He got all cold and sweaty and his hands went tingly. Layne Gerald was born at 9:15 with the help of the vacum and foreceps. Derrick got to cut his cord, kiss me and they went off to the NICU while I got sewn up. They gave me cytotec for something and what I remember from there on out is fuzzy. I reacted to it and got shocky. My HR went way down so did my O2 and I shook. They actually thought I had a bleed, and I did a little one. I remember getting more medicine in my epidural line and getting typed and crossed, I didn't get blood. Then I remember going back into surgery and waking up. Because I wasn't complete my cervix tore and had to be stiched and I had some tears in my vag walls. Needless to say I am stitched from here to there.
Derrick went with the babies to the Level 3 NICU and got my mom. Macie didn't need O2 or anything, but Layne was on a CPAP for about 12 hours. They both had IV's and were in isolete's, or as Daddy called them cages. I didn't get to see them until after 4 on my way up to post partum. They then got moved up to the Graduate NICU or level 2 about 8ish. We couldn't touch them or hold them though...that was so hard. His parents got there about 9 I think and we went down to see them. We did get to hold them the next morning. That evening they started bottle feeding and have kept right on going. They spent two days under bili lights and then came out of the cage on Wednesday after they were born and we got to take them home a week after they were born. We have been home over a week and it is amazing. I love being a mommy. I am pooped but it is totally worth every second. Even when they pee on you.
Monday, March 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congratulations! I am sorry that you had to go through so much but I know it was so worth it.
Congratulations on your daughter and son. I've come your way from Mel. I wish you the best of luck with your babies.
Congratulations!!
Wow, what a birth story, hope you are making a quick recovery!
And the exhaustion and amount of work is overwhelming, but so so so so worth it. And you will sleep again, I promise!!
Congratulations! My oldest son was born on Feb. 22nd - in 2001! It is also George Washington's Birthday!
Post a Comment