Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A very eventful yet shitty day.

I started today knowing that the outcome with Grandpa was going to be crappy, and I was right. He passed quietly about 2:30, which just dawned on me is the same time Gram died. Hmmm. We have known for 10 years that he was failing. The broken hip was the final straw. He is at peace and I know that. Just before Dad called to tell me the Dr. called. Today was my regualr appt, and I thought it went alright. My cervix has shortened to 2.5 from 3.5-4.1cm. Not so good. I have also had a few more contractions. Anyway we get all the way home and I have to go back to be put on the monitor. Fun. My contractions are 8-15 minutes apart, and if they get more than 5-6 an hour I have to call back. THe on call doc will decide then to hospitalize me or what. At this point I am glad to be home and not on a helicopter or in the hospital. I have to see the peri on Tuesday, so Mom is going to take me. Great. I love her, but info in her hands in dangerous. My MIL called frantic, I guess she called out here and Rose gave her what info was available, and it was bad...we are fine. Promise.

On the good side, our stroller came today, a gift from a friend, and a play mat from Derrick's sister. My shower is still on for Saturday...with me in a recliner. Fun huh...then I am off to Mom's. I get to see the dentist and the peri all in one day, how exciting. I am off to lay down. Derrick bought me Guitar Hero today, so I might play. Then I can kick his ass!

No comments: