Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Back from CO

You would think I would be better about updating since all I have is free time, but nope. I am actually working on research for my AA lit paper. I am almost done and ready to start writing. That makes me happy. I am ready to get them all done before the babies are here.

We saw the perinatologist Monday in Denver. He is super nice and really there was no wishy washy bullshit, which I appreciate. After IF and having Dr.s and others tell you it could happen you know, when you know damn good and well it won't, I can't handle lots of bullshit. I want is straight, don't blow sunshine up my ass, tell me like it is, I am a big girl and can handle it, trust me, I am infertile, I can handle anything. Anyway, they looked at the babies, and they look amazing and are measuring big at 1 lbs 12 oz each. Thank you for the big baby gene Ma. Both have all their organs and everything looks fantastic they said. My cervix is still over 3 cm, which is good too. I have to have this rather uncomfy swab every two weeks now. It is fetal fibronectin and it is a very accurate indicator of labor if it is positive. It wasn't. It was like a pap smear with no speculum. Not comfy, and Derrick didn't care for that. Maybe it is good that these are section babies. He is not so good with me being in pain. He did say the chances of me going past 36 weeks are slim, less than 20%. Most twins go between 35-36. That means we deliver in Denver at PSL, which is fine with me. I am way more comfortable with that option at this point. They have an amazing NICU if we would need it. He did say that if he has to he will send the helicopter to get me. Ummm...I can do without that. As soon as the FFN is pos, I get to go to Mom's and stay. Derrick will call Tim and have him ready to fly as soon as I call. That means we will hit the hospital within a short time of each other.

The baby shower was awesome, I am not sure I am used to the attention being on me yet. It all feels surreal still. Derrick and I are going to go through stuff tonight, he wants to check it all out, and put the swing together. Then it has to stay in the babies room so our cat stays off it. The weather was crappy all weekend which made for an interesting drive out there and home. It was worse on the way out. Home wasn't so bad until about 45 miles from the house, then it got a little slick.

My mom is coming out this weekend to clean my house, YAY, make some stuff to put in the freezer, and keep me company. I want to get a dresser here by then so she can put baby clothes away...I have a ton. Derrick needs to get on a laundry mission. I am excited to have her here for a few days. So is Derrick, that means real food that he doesn't have to make. My mom is an amazing cook, it was inherited. Now we just need to get Walky out to finish the tile and we will be on a roll. I cannot wait for it all to get done and I will feel so much better.

No comments: