Thursday, December 20, 2007

What a morning already!

The phone rings this morning, twice. Once it is a friend needing Derrick to come and drive concrete truck. That is fine since he did all our concrete flatwork for free! THen it rings again and it is one of the drivers. He is broke down, not in our truck but in one of the peterpullers. Derrick gets up, is totally ticked because it is in the road I guess, and starts to head out. He calls back and dumbass is out of fuel. Okay, you went through a place to get fuel like 20 miles ago, do you know what a fuel gage looks like? So we have a tank, but it used to have farm fuel, so it is going to be tinged red. But we have no choice, and Billy is pissed about it. Same guy that was pissed the sand froze in the trailer after Derrick told them to load and get their asses home. They stopped and ate at some buffet and it froze. He didn't even help chip it out, he stood there and told Derrick he didn't know what he was doing and he didn't know how to drive truck. Derrick, Sam, and Ryan chipped out three trailers. THey were not happy. I am kinda suprised that Billy still has his head after that deal. Dude has been driving for 2 years and thinks he is super trucker cause he has a fancy pete. Hey genius, Derrick has been doing this 10 years and yes has run out of fuel, been shut down for being over on hours, etc, but that is when he was fricking 18 and worked for the evil man that ran their asses off. Derrick is pissed. I don't blame him. He almost forgot socks, and stomped out the door. Cady just sat there and looked at him funny. Like, wow, Daddy is mad! He should be. I am a little annoyed, that guy should wear a sign. An "I'm stupid" sign. I might make him one. I know that when Derrick gets to the truck there will be a huge blow up. Ahhh...how fun...that is my morning.

I have had a few more contractions lately. Not a ton, just maybe they are harder. Or maybe I have gas...I got Derrick's cold and am trying to force tons of fluids and get as much rest as possible. My mom was out and cleaned our house, so that is not an issue. It looks awesome. I guess we are leaving for Wichita Sunday, and having a sister night. Which can I say I am totally dreading. Dianne better be nice or I will give her a piece of my pg mind. It just happens these days! Off to eat...I am hungry!

No comments: