Holy cow! What a busy month. I am pooped out. I am done with June classes and just finished one more paper from last summer. Two to go. I have reading to do for next week. Thank goodness nearly everything we are reading I have already read before and I just have to review. YAY for me!
On the home front. Gram went home yesterday. Mom said she is in her don't do anything for me, cranky mode. I know that everyone has been hovering and it makes her nuts. The good news is that for the most part the cancer is pretty treatable. The radiation has helped her hand be able to work. She was getting really bored and wanted to go back to work. I think she is going to try to go back next week. Her and I had some really long talks last weekend when it was just me and her at the hospital. I think she liked that. I am the one person that she can say nearly anything to without getting all butt hurt. Sometimes I feel like the objective outsider. I am sure the nurses wanted to kill my family. They can be a loud bunch. It does not help that my mom had to tell everyone that we are not complaining about anything, then my aunt had to lay into my cousin right away. I think the fact that everything was happening really fast was overwhelming, but great. Since my mom works for the company that owns the hospital and is kinda a big wig, and knows all the docs, stuff moved right along. Way faster than if gram would have been somewhere else. I like the nurses for the most part, and the doc was amazing. I am alright with things, and having my gram to myself always helps me. I get to do that alot and always have. Maybe that is why my cousins get all ticked at me. I don't think they understand some things. I was supposed to be born on her birthday, I have never had a birthday party with my family without her. My cakes always said Dana and Grandma. I am named after her. Actually, we are the only three named after anyone in our families. Her real mom died on my birthday. So the ties are really strong. Until my cousin messed it up, the first born of each generation had had the first born and they were always girls. At my great-gram's funeral there was four generations of first born girls. Wierd. I told my parents that there would be no fighting amongst the cousins. Gram doesn't want that. I also got informed that I am going to have to give my boycott of things involving one of them up. Just for Gram's sake. That is all.
I am tired and we are going to softball tonight, so I am gonna take a nap. I feel great about the things I got done today, so I deserve one!
Friday, June 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment