I wasn't here Thursday thank goodness. Apperantly Derrick and the boys hit their beds about 5 am. Idiots. They were hurting units Friday. All I could do was laugh at them. I reminded them that we are not 19 any more and that shit hurts way worse these days. Needless to say Derrick is still recovering from Thursday. They hunted all day Saturday and got like 6 birds. Which is fine with me, I don't clean pheasant it stinks. They went out this morning too and I didn't ask what they got. Then they came home and shot blue rock off the deck. Man do I live in hickville or what. It was rather loud for a bit, and my poor kitty hid under the bed for quite awhile. Now I have gotten things picked up and laundry done for the most part. I have no desire to mop the rest of the floors. I hate that chore. On the up side the nursery is pretty well clean. I am going to wait to deflate the airbed until after Thanksgiving so the girls can sleep in there.
I get to go home next weekend for my friends baby shower. I am excited. I don't think I have been alright at a baby shower in years. This will be a new experience. I was okay at Kimmy's, but I was hosting it and she is my best friend, so that worked. I am also going to see my Gram. I guess the cleaned out her apartment yesterday and today. Mom called to see what I wanted. Silly, but I want her pot that she makes baked beans in. I know it is wierd, but that is what I want. Kirk said that one of our cousins walked in and started bawling, carrying on and generally being stupid. Not suprised, but seriously, Gram is not gone. There is no reason for that, other than the fact that making a scene gets her all of the attention which is a huge deal for her and his sister. Nevermind the fact that her sister wrote my Gram a nasty letter about me, they boys, and Ash all being favorites and them never getting the same treatment. This letter really singled me and Ash out. Whatever, I know that Gram is anal about making sure that we are all treated the same especially gift wise. I may have gotten to spend more time with her and do more stuff, but that is cause my parents take her places with us. The hunters were outside last night and Derrick asked how it went, and I told him the whole thing. He just can't understand why my family has to make everything so dramatic and blow it all outta proportion. Neither can I. I went off when I was talking to my brother and he told me to tell my cousins what I said. I would, but you know they won't listen and won't get it. This is not one of the molehill crisises that they create in their mind, this is serious. It is not the time or the place for behaving like morons. I know this sucks and I know it is hard. I also know that no amount of attention seeking is going to keep her here. Mom said today was a bad day. I really thought Dr. P laying it on the line would help, but guess not. Derrick is doing a great job at being supportive for me and hanging in there. It will be our third go round with losing a grandparent since we have been married. Our second this year if she goes before New Year's. I had a dream last night about her funeral, but the babies were in it and they were like 9 months old.
Speaking of babies, I have a scan Wednesday. So we will know more positively what they are and Derrick gets to go. He may get seen for his knee too. I am pretty sure he tore the meniscus on his right knee. I have torn them before and everything he is describing is just what it sounds like, complete with clicking and all. I want him to have it scanned then we can see the Orthopod and discuss options. We will see!
Sunday, November 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment