Monday, November 12, 2007

She's Gone...

and I feel lost. Kirk and I ran out to get some takeout chinese from my favorite place ever...it is still in the fridge. We had been home like 2 minutes and I hear the phone ring and crashing. Up the stairs we ran, literally, and my aunt was on the phone. Mom totally lost it. Kirk stayed home, after his year in Iraq he couldn't go. Mom, Dad, and I went up. Took like 15 minutes to get there, Dad sped a little I think. As I am sitting in the hall in her wheelchair sobbing, like 5 CNA's asked if I was alright and if there was anything they could do, yeah bring my gram back. My Dad came and got me and I went in with my Mom and my Aunts. She looked so peaceful...I guess that she stopped talking altogether about 11:30 and she went at about 2:30. We got everything all cleaned out and her clothes donated. Then waited for the funeral home. Funny, the funeral guy is a guy my parents know from way back. Mom, Dad, and my aunt went to see my Gramps. He on the other hand looked awesome today. He didn't have trouble talking, breathing or anything. He was amazing with Mom and Schar. Then he made fun of me, of course, but I am a spoiled brat by him. He told us all we had babies coming out our ears...I said I hope that is not where they come out of! I told him the Broncos won and he was happy, and told me to make fun of Derrick. He is the reason we have season tickets. I am going to have Derrick look at the ceiling later this week when he is here. Most of my family went to my Aunt's for dinner. Her inlaws are there and they made supper for us. It was nice, and you could tell how tired we all were. I guess Gram wants her ashes spread in Estes Park, and we are going to all go to the Blue Parrot in Louisville for dinner. It is going to be a private service with just family. I am not sure when, but soon. Derrick was really good. He texted me about the game, then I shot him one saying she was gone, and he called. He told me he loved me and asked if there was anything he could do. He also said her Broncos won one for her, and just the way she liked it. He is right. I think I am going to go home today and work tomorrow. We made state football, so I have stuff to do and take care of. I don't know that I will be going, I might have to find someone to take them. I think I am going to. I just want to not have to deal with that right now. I am going to go lay down some more. We all went to bed early, like 7:45 but considering we were up all night pretty much, not suprising. I am wiped, but was hungry so I had to get up and eat. I still promise I am taking care of myself. She would want that. She did after all get her wish and get a set of twins with each. She would have had a set of each. If Ash has twins, which hits the first born girl in every family so far and she is another first, Gramps with have three sets too! So I promise I am taking care of myself. My aunts even told me to sit all day yesterday and not get all worked up. Guess everyone has to have someone to boss and I got nominated!

1 comment:

Wen782 said...

This sucks so bad, honey... I'm so sorry she's passed, but at least she's no longer hurting. I know that's not much in the way of consolation, but still.

Sending you hugs...