Saturday, January 12, 2008

More of the wait and see....

I talked to my mom, finally, apperantly she forgot how to answer her cell phone. Anyway, they are going to fix Grandpa's hip in the morning. They are doing a spinal, since if they put him on a vent chances are he will never come off. He doesn't want that, so they are doing the spinal and fixing it. Mom said he is in a pretty good mood and being himself. Which is a good thing. He is flirting with all of the nurses and stuff, so he hasn't lost the fact that he thinks he is God's gift to women. He knows the risks and is well aware of everything. He is mostly concerned about what this is costing him. What he doesn't understand is that he qualified for nursing home care a long time ago, so insurance will cover it. He just remembers having to be private pay for his mom and it costing a fortune. I am having a huge guilty feeling over the fact that I won't be there before he goes into surgery. I won't be there when he wakes up. Kipp is going to go down as soon as he gets up, he is working tonight. All I can do is prepare myself for the worst. Grandpa did tell mom and Schar that he wasn't ready to stop fighting, and that he didn't want them to be in that much pain since they just lost Gram. I was so happy to hear that he isn't ready to stop fighting. Mom and I did talk about the trailer he lived in, which he won't be going back to. I guess they found a bunch of $$$ last night when they went to get some stuff. Cash too...crazy old fart. Mom and Schar are going to sign it over to his cousins or whatever they are...weird is what they are...it is worth like $.50 so they can deal with it. It is going to cost them more to move it than anything. If he makes it through this and out of rehab care he will be in some sort of assisted living or nursing home. I am all for assisted living. That is where we stand on that.

If things go bad, my parents won't be here next weekend. If they are alright they are going to come out on Saturday, have Dad hang my curtains and take me home with them. Derrick is going to Vegas so I am going to their house. After he gets back and I get home we are going to finish the nursery so that everything is ready. The car seats should be here sometime next week. along with the stroller. I should go lay back on the couch, I have been up a little more today so I am tired.

No comments: