Monday, May 28, 2007
Fun day on the Farm!!!
I ended up spending most of the day helping swath hay. Yes being a farmer's wife involves getting dirty quite often. Our hay is along the creek where a whole buttload of tree branches broke during the ice storm, so Gramps and I rode the 4 wheeler and got them out of the way. In the process Derrick plugged the swather a bunch of times. I am so sore!!! We had to pull hay out of it and it sucked. At least we are going to have more bales out of our first cutting than all of the cutting together from last year. That means that we can sell some of it and get some stuff paid off. Then we were going along and right beside the 4 wheeler is a fawn. My dogs thought it was fun to try to chase him. He was pretty new and had a hard time walking. Derrick had to save it from the dogs and gave him to me. If his mommy doesn't come get him, I am gonna and bottle feed it just like we do with calves. I hid him in the grass by a tree. She was on her way when she heard him cry, then she saw us and took off. He was so cute. Of course I had no fricking camera with me, so sorry no pic. I am gonna take one down and take pics of the dogs helping lead DH around. They are really cute when they think they are helping. We have these weeds that bite too!! OMG, both my hands got smacked with one and it feels like I got stung by a bee. I love to be out and feel like I am helping on the farm. I can't do a whole lot, but I like to help. I don't get to be the summer fallow queen though, the FET put me out of the running for that one. My dad is happy, that means he gets to come out and do it. He grew up on a farm and loves it when we need him to help. That also means that my mom comes out and helps with the landscaping and stuff. She has the best yard and I love for her to help me. It is fun. I wanted to grill for dinner but it is super windy. They do say Kansas is windy cause Oklahoma sucks and Nebraska blows!! LMAO!! I teach in Nebraska so I can say that! So much for getting the office cleaned. I did get the toilet paper holder and towel bar put up in the master bath all by myself. I know I am a stud! Watch out world, Dana has a drill. Now if I could figure out how to hook up the AC all by myself we would be in business. I have a feeling it involves the crawl space and there is no way in hell I am going down there. But I am also going to throw a royal fit if I have to be on lupron with no AC. DH will get my foot up his ass. I told him that and explained I am not going to have hot flashes or be pg with no AC. He agreed. I think my hot flashes scare him!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment