I will have to post this when I get internet. What a night. Wendy you will appreciate this, and so will Scott. So we leave for Dodge with a load of cattle at about 10 last night, we got to Dodge and oh the line. There were like 6 trucks in line to unload their moo cows so we can eat them. We did not unload until 3 or so. We then go to the truck stop to sleep and Derrick shuts the truck down (oh yeah did I mention that we have two broken fan belts) turns the lights off and I hear the horn and BAM. Some jackass cuts a corner way to close and smashed into the front driver side with his trailer. Pops the hood up and does some damage to the wheel well. Cops came, guy was way jumpy. Then he gets all pissed cause on of the trailer tires is halfway on the road. He drove by us twice before he hit us. I kinda wish DOT would have come out and tested both of them. Derrick would have been clean unless the test for Copenhagen. The other guy I am not so sure about. We go back to the unloading place and sleep. We have to go to Wichita and wait for a call about where to get more moo cows. Derrick is beside himself. He has never been in a wreck before in a big truck. In 9 years he has never done that. Then this morning we had to drop the trailer to pull into the fixer place, and the air hoses got caught or something and we have to fix that too. He is pissed at everything.
To top it all off his grandpa is in the hospital in Wichita dying and we can’t seem to get there. Then come to find out there was a whole crap load of tornadoes on 54 and it is closed due to damage and the town there is pretty much squished. Or that was the rumor in the truck stop. I have to pee and am hungry. But I hate peeing at the fixer place. Not that I am shy, since I peed waiting for the scales at the beef plant. But I just will stay here till we go somewhere else. Guys pee in bottles and that is so not fair. If I tried that there would be pee all over the sleeper. Major kudos to the guys here they are already working on it and we have been here 15 minutes. We pulled in and they were popping the hood.
It seems like we have taken a whole lot of knocks lately. I know that God only hands you what you can handle, but come on. I am handling quite a bit and quite well. Derrick is not as good as it as I am. He gets off kilter a little easier than I do. But when I am off kilter it is not good. I have tried so hard to stay on, and right now I have to be strong for my husband. He was so good when my granddad died and when we had the miscarriage, now it is my turn. It is going to take everything I have to walk into that hospital and not ask questions. I want to know damnit. I am taking the girilos shopping today for their birthday’s. Derrick wondered if Dianne would be there. I can’t see why not unless she is studying for finals. She better be nice and not do the all about me thing. I will have words if she pulls that shit. This is about grandpa. I am worried about Grandma and Ron. This sucks. Derrick is sure that there is something keeping us from being there. I don’t know what to tell him.
BTW the guy that owns this truck never vacuums it or cleans it. EWWWWW. I am going to throw crap away and maybe run some armor all wipes it I am going to be in here for the next few days. It is icking me out! Nice pete, but I so get the peterpuller thing now! Like I told Derrick, I am positive I like the W9 he had when we first started dating (he worked for a harvest crew and drove truck in the winter) way better. I like the dash, sleeper, and everything better. Yes Pete’s look cool on the outside, but I would rather be in a comfy truck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment