Monday, February 26, 2007

I was right, Monday's suck

So why does it seem that no matter how hard I try I am just not doing a good job? I love to teach, but recently it seems like I am babysitting more than I am teaching. When did kids become so unmotivated? They don't want to do anything at all. It is like pulling teeth to get them to do a worksheet or read even a sentence. Holy cow! I feel like it is my job to motivate them, and some of them are just not going to be motivated. Grade don't do it, their parents, teachers, punishment, not even rewards. I would have done anything for a teacher that gave us treats. But now they don't care. My goodness. Am I in the wrong profession, or am I just at the wrong level? I know I want to teach at the college level, but there has to be an opening. Maybe I should go to the middle school level. At least there they still want to try. They still like to learn and want to. By the time I get them, they are done learning, and don't really seem to care. It is frustrating. I was in a great mood this morning. Happy, ready to have fun, and bam, smartasses. The one that I totally blew up on on Friday will not be in my class today, and that thrills me. I won't have to deal with him. Thank GOD!!! 8 more days until a four day weekend. I am going to take my laptop in the truck and get some papers written!

No comments: