Read the rest of this at your own risk... I am in a good mood, just this particular thing is a very hot button issue with me and I want to punch the fucking idiots in the face...
Today is the funeral of a local Marine that was killed in a IED attack a few weeks ago in Iraq or as I like to call it Habibland. Being the sister of a Marine and a Soldier this hits home pretty hard for me. I spent 2 1/2 years in sheer terror of someone coming to my house and handing me a flag. My brothers made sure that I was a personal notification. My family got lucky and our prayers were answered when Kipp came home 6 months after he went in the beginning of the war. Then once more when his twin, Kirk came home after his first year over there, and yet one more time in December when he came back after his second year. Yes my brothers are twins and they both enlisted in different branches. So I understand the fear and terror that families of our servicemen and women live in everyday. I have felt it and lived it. Derrick was wonderful through the whole thing, making sure that I did not see the news, or hear it. Anyway, there is this wacko should be shot group from Topeka KS that are going to be here today protesting. Seriously they should stop and think that the reason that they can protest is simply because there are people out there willing to die for the freedoms that we enjoy. I empathize with the family and want to cry and have for them. I cannot believe that these people are going to be here. I am pretty liberal, alright I am liberal. So the fact that anyone can say that America is being punished for accepting homosexuality is fucking absurd. I am entirely sure that our soldiers are dying for freedom and a country that just doesn't seem to care anymore. There are other reasons that we are there as well, but I will leave them alone. I wouldn't want big brother to get me. Anyway Fred Phelps and his clan are going to be here today, and I am appaled and enraged. It sickens me. I praise all of our troops and pray that they come home safe and unharmed.
Friday, February 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment